Job Title: Groundsperson
Location: Vicarage Road Stadium and London Colney Training Ground
Salary: Dependant on experience and qualification
Closing Date: 12noon November 3, 2016
Interviews: Week commencing November 7, 2016
Watford FC, a Premier League football club, is currently looking to recruit a Groundsperson to join a very busy team to assist in the club’s pitch maintenance programme and to ensure delivery of an excellent playing surface at both the stadium (Vicarage Road, Watford) and Training Ground facilities (Bell Lane, London Colney). The role will be based on a 35-hour week plus matchday and occasional weekend/evening work.
The successful candidate will work as an integral part of the Grounds Maintenance Team to be primarily responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Pitch Maintenance – procedures including but not limited to mowing, marking, aeration, fertilising, scarifying, frost cover application, top dressing, seeding and pitch light manoeuvering/maintenance.
- Equipment Maintenance – goals, ball stopping nets, advertising boards etc
- Machinery – greasing, cleaning, setting up, oil checks and visual checks before use
- Liaising with first-team/academy coaches and managers
- Ensuring the safety of all playing surfaces
- Adhering to club’s health and safety procedures
Essential Requirements and Qualifications
- Previous experience in winter sports surfaces
- NVQ level 2 sports turf or equivalent (or working towards)
- Spraying certificates (or working towards)
- Excellent time keeping and organisational skills
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
- Clean driving licence
- Able to work on matchdays (including evenings) and at other events outside of normal office hours
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV with a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role via email to Lauren Kelly email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12noon November 3, 2016 with interviews taking place week commencing November 7, 2016.